[CCWG-Accountability] Welcome note

Dr Eberhard W Lisse el at lisse.na
Tue Dec 9 07:01:00 UTC 2014

Thomas, Mathieu,

that is what I was going to suggest, because I can not find anywhere in the charter that ICG is mentioned as a member. Nor participant or liaison, for that matter.

I will not be humiliated or offended if it was pointed out to me that I was wrong, by reference to the relevant provision in charter.

I am also concerned how we are going to get anything done on calls with 165 callers.

I was part of the FoI Wg, where we "disciplined" ourselves to use Adobe Connect's buttons, ie Raising Hand if we wanted to get the Floor and Thumbs Up if we were in (violent :-)-O) agreement (which was then read in the record by the chair).

So, I propose that we adopt a similar procedure.

I also want to put it on record (ie for discussion tonight) that I do not use Microsoft products, hence all documents produced and/or circulated in a proprietary format need to be accompanied by a version in an open format, ie PDF.

Using open formats would fit nicely into the accountability theme, anyway.

greetings, el

Sent from Dr Lisse's iPad mini

> On Dec 9, 2014, at 00:59, Thomas Rickert <rickert at anwaelte.de> wrote:
>
> Dear all,
> we would like to suggest we clarify the question of membership and participant status as well as the role of a liaison during tomorrow's call.
>
> Kindest regards,
> Mathieu Weill and Thomas Rickert
>
>> Am 08.12.2014 um 23:49 schrieb Adebunmi AKINBO <akinbo.adebunmi at gmail.com>:
>>
>> +1 Greg
>> +1 Pamela
>> -1 Arasteh
>>
>> I am a participant by the look of things and its not embarrassing or humiliating.
>> We need to guide against such utterances to build fluidity and respect for the process.
>> We all count as we contribute to the current issue.
>>
>> Any ground rules in the charter that we need to take note to ensure rights and obligations?
>> Moderator(s) should put us through.
>> -AA.
[...]