[CCWG-Accountability] Proposed Agenda and Slides for 1st Call on 9 December

Jordan Carter jordan at internetnz.net.nz
Tue Dec 9 08:43:03 UTC 2014

Dear all,

Thank you Grace for this proposed agenda and helpful slide pack, and thank
you Thomas for your earlier welcome. I am from .nz and am one of the five
ccTLD members of this WG.

I wanted to indicate two thoughts in advance of the meeting:

* the challenge of deciding between workstreams one and two for various
items -- this won't be the easiest task because we have to apply a view
that is both practical (i.e., things that have to be done before transition
otherwise the community won't be able to agree to it) AND functional (i.e.,
things that have to be done before transition because otherwise they
can't/won't be). I hope the gap between these two isn't too wide but it is
real, and so we need to think quite openly and candidly about this.

* the small matter of the "inclusive window" for times for our meetings,
with the suggestion of 1100-1400UTC for start times. As someone who lives
in a summer time zone that is UTC+13, I can confirm these are not fully
inclusive. Meetings that start at 12am or 3am aren't fair on AsiaPac
participants. Is there the prospect of a more reasonable sharing of the
pain, for example as there was for the Framework of Interpretation WG which
rotated their meetings on an 8h cycle?

Look forward to working with you all on this interesting and important
project.

Speak at 2000,

Jordan

On 9 December 2014 at 10:28, Grace Abuhamad <grace.abuhamad at icann.org>
wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> Below is the proposed agenda for the first call (tomorrow) on 9 December.
> Attached is a presentation regarding the charter and working methods. This
> presentation reflects items 3 & 4 on the proposed agenda.
>
> *Proposed Agenda -- 9 December 2014*
>
> 1.     Welcome, Roll Call & Introductions
>
> 2.     Update on Membership & Participation
>
> 3.     Review of CCWG-Accountability Charter
>
> 4.     Confirm Working Methods
>
> 5.     Timeline
>
> 6.     Foundation for Work Plan
>
> 7.     AOB
>

> Best,
> Grace

Jordan Carter

Chief Executive
*InternetNZ*

04 495 2118 (office) | +64 21 442 649 (mob)
jordan at internetnz.net.nz
Skype: jordancarter

*To promote the Internet's benefits and uses, and protect its potential.*