[CCWG-Accountability] Welcome note

Adebunmi AKINBO akinbo.adebunmi at gmail.com
Tue Dec 9 20:20:39 UTC 2014

+1 Wolf.

Can we focus on the call and adopt Adobe if preferable?
Issues related to membership be cleared elsewhere.
-AA.

On Tue, Dec 9, 2014 at 3:49 PM, <Wolf-Ulrich.Knoben at t-online.de> wrote:

> I'd like to join Bill Drakes advice that issues related to specific
> communities should be solved internally. It would help this group to focus
> on the essential tasks.
>
> Wolf-Ulrich
>
> Sent from my personal phone
>
> Am 09.12.2014 um 14:55 schrieb Kavouss Arasteh <kavouss.arasteh at gmail.com
> >:
>
> Dear Thomas( Schneider)
> As you remember since long time ago, I expressed my willingness and
> volunteered to be one of the GAC Members to accountability
> The issues goes back to July when for the first time the issue of
> Accountability working group was announced  by ICANN
> This was reflected in several e-mails exchanged with Header Dryden the GAC
> chair.
> When you ( Thomas Schneider ) took, the chair responsibilities I did
> recall you again of that request.
> Your response was not clear , Finally you announced the names and put me
> as additional GAC members *representing* ICG ( FROM GAC)  .Your message
> was interpreted that I am not Member of CCWG but a Participant
> Then it is incumbent on you to clarify THE MATTER
> I AM A CCWG MEMBER AND NOT PARTICIPANT
> PLS MAKE NECESSARY CORRECTIVE MEASURES
> Regards
> K.arasteh

>> I think the answer lies here:
>>
>> http://mm.icann.org/pipermail/accountability-dt/2014-December/000123.html
>>
>> where it clearly states that you are not one of the 5 GAC "members"
>> but "been appointed as ICG liaison to the CCWG" which from the
>> context I assume means CCWG-Accountability.
>>
>> Why don't you take this up with your GAC chair, Mr Schneider?
>>
>> el
>>

>> On 2014-12-09 11:45 , Kavouss Arasteh wrote:
>> > Dear All,
>> > Sorry my connection was interrupted two times, I repeat
>> > Dear All
>> >
>> > Most of the thing foreseen to be done are directly related to ICG
>> > activities .
>> > I do not understand how the repreventatives of  ICG would be given the
>> > right to take part in consensus building.The confusion came from the
>> > message sent by Thomas  in his announcement that  it did not  make it
>> > clear that I am among the 5 members of GAC ,REPRESTING  ICG.
>> > There are problems in the whole process.
>> > I agree with Richard that it is impossible that more than 150 people
>> > attend a live virtual meeting of one hour.
>> > I am not aware of the process in CWG but in ICG only the members raise
>> > hand and ask for the floor.
>> > I do not see any light at the end of the CCWG Tunnel.
>> > I need clarification from chair and corrective measures from Thomas to
>> > announce me as he should have announced it
>> > Regards
>> > Kavouss
>> >
>> [...]

*Evang. Akinbo A. A. Cornerstone, Nigeria.*
+2348064464545, +2348089118151 | 2BAC511D.

*Member, Executive Board of Directors*,
Nigeria Internet Registration Association (NiRA)
www.nira.org.ng  | akinbo at nira.org.ng <akinbo at yips.org.ng>

*Team Member,*
DNS Africa Magazine,
@dnsafrica
www.dnsafrica.org

*National Convener,*
Nigerian Youth Coalition on Internet Governance (NG-YCIG)
www.ycig.org.ng <http://www.nira.org.ng/>

*President,*
Young Internet Professionals (YiPS)
wwwyips.org.ng | akinbo at yips.org.ng

*The RedHub.*
12, Afonka Odebunmi Street, Lagos State.

*National Focal Point ( Nigeria ) 2009-2011.*
Global Youth Coalition on HIV/AIDS (a program of TakingITGlobal)
www.youthaidscoalition.org                  www.takingitglobal.com
www.iaids.org
About me: http://profiles.tigweb.org/pscornerstone