[CCWG-Accountability] todos and next steps

Grace Abuhamad grace.abuhamad at icann.org
Wed Dec 10 19:29:33 UTC 2014

Dear all,
Following up on Thomas' note below, here attached is the time zone analysis
that I conducted to determine the 3 alternating times.
Best,
Grace

From:  Thomas Rickert <rickert at anwaelte.de>
Date:  Wednesday, December 10, 2014 2:23 PM
To:  Accountability Cross Community
<accountability-cross-community at icann.org>
Subject:  [CCWG-Accountability] todos and next steps

All,
thank you again for a constructive call yesterday. We felt it was important
to go through some of the administrative and procedural aspects as a basis
for our work. However, we do know that you might have additional questions
and would therefore like to encourage you direct those questions to staff or
us. We are more than happy to help.

As you will remember, we have agreed that we install 4 sub groups to help
scoping our task so that we can specify a work plan, the time line and
subsequent tasks during next week¹s call.

We are cognizant that your involvement in this group is a substantial
commitment and we appreciate your willingness to contribute. We are also
cognizant that many of you are active in both this group as well as in the
CWG. We do hope that we can tap on this expertise for our work. Remember,
the CWG has already produced a first draft and we have to make sure that the
work on Accountability is also completed in a timely fashion.

Today, we would like to raise three points:

I. Sub Group Work

Please do send an e-mail to Grace and sign up to at least one of the 4 sub
groups mentioned below:

1. Establishing an inventory of existing accountability mechanisms / ATRT
recommendations (maybe an indication of where they can or need to be
improved for Work Stream 1 would also be valuable)
2. Reviewing the outcome of the public comment period on Accountability and
categorizing what goes into WS1, WS2 or both.
3. Reviewing the work of the CWG, extract accountability issues and
categorize what goes into WS1, WS2 or both.
4. List contingencies

The work results should be completed by next Monday
<x-apple-data-detectors://0>  so the group can review before the call.

During the next meeting, we will review the work results and agree on next
steps.

II. Meeting Times

A time zone analysis was conducted and there are three suggested alternating
times: 12.00 UTC, 19.00 UTC, 6.00 UTC. With this, the burden of unpleasant
starting times should be equally shared. Please let us know if there are
major concerns with this.

III. Meetings

As mentioned during the call, we are planning to have weekly calls with a
duration of 2 hours.

Additionally, we are suggesting to offer two face to face meetings:

- One meeting in Frankfurt am Main, Germany, on January 19
<x-apple-data-detectors://1>  and 20. Meeting facilities have been kindly
offered by eco/ De-CIX and there are affordable hotels of good quality in
the vicinity. While we have discussed the idea of having a doodle poll to
find a date during today¹s debriefing session, we think it is of essence to
make progress with this as soon as possible so that those considering to
attend in person can take advantage of cheaper flights.

- Two meetings in Singapore at ICANN 52. We are currently planning to have
two sessions each 3 hours long during the ICANN meeting. Details of this are
to be confirmed shortly.

Thank you and kind regards,
Mathieu Weill and Thomas Rickert
--