[CCWG-Accountability] Op-Ed from ITIF regarding permanent cross-community group as ultimate authority

Carrie Devorah carriedev at gmail.com
Thu Dec 18 04:07:24 UTC 2014

Why are you worried about planning for California laws when the stated
plans are if and when Congress lets IANA go the plan is, not to keep
ICANN/IANA in America but to move IANA to Switzerland where it will be
under legal oversight for DRS of WIPO?
Sincerely
Carrie Devorah

On Wed, Dec 17, 2014 at 10:41 PM, León Felipe Sánchez Ambía <
leonfelipe at sanchez.mx> wrote:

> Dear Kavouss,
>
> I like the idea of examining other options. Which options should we be
> looking at?
>
> Best regards,
>
> León
>
> El 17/12/2014, a las 14:21, Kavouss Arasteh <kavouss.arasteh at gmail.com>
> escribió:
>

> Dear All,
> The entity may be one option. However, it is not what we were thinking of
> First of all, no mentioned was made of GAC
> Second the composition of the group is not mentioned
> Third the footing is not mentioned
> Fourth the legal Framework is not mentioned and
> More importantly, it seems to me that every possible effort is made to
> maintain the current structure as we are talking of SO and AC .However,
> this is not the realistic composition.
> We need to look at other option in which the process is more democratic.
> All these SO and AC are not fully democratic as the stakeholder does not
> have direct role on that
> Please kindly do not limit us to merely existing practice and model
> There are variety of possibilities
> I know most of you are for statuesque
> But I and many others wants to see and examine other options
>
> Kavouss

>> Dear Steve
>>
>> Are you suggesting we include changes in the bylaws within the scope of
>> the working groups? I would have a few suggestions!
>>
>> Cheers
>>
>> Carlos Raúl Gutiérrez
>> +506 8335 2487
>> Enviado desde mi iPhone
>>
>> El dic 17, 2014, a las 10:20 AM, Steve DelBianco <
>> sdelbianco at netchoice.org> escribió:
>>
>> This pertains to our discussion yesterday about a permanent,
>> cross-community ‘Membership’ group to hold ICANN board and management
>> accountable to the community.  It was described this way in draft3
>> <https://community.icann.org/download/attachments/51414327/WorkArea2%20Accountability%20suggestions%20%5Bdraft%203%5D.pdf?version=1&modificationDate=1418610739000&api=v2>
>> for work area 2:
>>
>>   Amend ICANN bylaws to recognize a permanent cross-community
>> representative structure (all ACs, SOs, Constituencies) with authority to:
>>
>>  Appoint members of Affirmation review teams
>> Review a board decision, or resolve a dispute (option to use independent
>> panel)
>> Approve changes to ICANN bylaws or Articles, with 2/3 approval
>> Approve annual proposed ICANN budget
>> Recall one or all ICANN Board members
>>

>>  One of the groups proposing
>> <http://www.innovationfiles.org/key-principles-for-the-icann-transition/> a
>> community of stakeholders as ultimate authority posted a relevant Op-Ed
>> <http://thehill.com/blogs/pundits-blog/technology/227375-icann-transition-plan-needs-new-ideas-to-ensure-accountability>
>> in a Washington paper today.  Daniel Castro of the Information
>> Technology & Innovation Foundation (ITIF) wrote:

> [...]

Sincerely
CARRIE Devorah
 562 688 2883

DISCLAIMER :
With the continuing crossing and interfacing of platforms both on & off
line both with & without our knowledge nor approval to note nothing sent
over the Internet anymore is ever private nor should be presumed to be so.
If it is that much of a secret, say nothing. If you must? Take a lesson
from our military- hand write the note, chew then swallow