[CCWG-Accountability] [Area 2] Work Area 2: inventory of accountability mechanisms, draft 4

Seun Ojedeji seun.ojedeji at gmail.com
Tue Dec 23 17:41:34 UTC 2014

On Tue, Dec 23, 2014 at 6:26 PM, Paul Rosenzweig <
paul.rosenzweig at redbranchconsulting.com> wrote:

> Mr. Ojedeji
>

> Respectful disagreement (and agreement with Mr. Hutty) on two counts:
>

> First, the principle as stated is at too high a level of generality.  We
> need to be specific and if you are going to call for community oversight
> you need propose a mechanism.

I am seeing it as the mechanism is what we are to determined in this
process.

> Second, in disputes between the community and the Board, the community
> will often be an interested party.

If you refer to dispute that that remained unresolved among both parties
then i agree. My main point is that the existing community processes needs
to be exhausted before seeking any external options.

  As you know, I favor the community generally over the Board, but it is
> reasonable for the Board to insist on an independent adjudicator.  Saying
> that some issues may be “too complex to understand” is not persuasive.  The
> Bylaws are “law” and interpreting law is a very common practice.

I agree but again based on the understanding i have mentioned above.

Thanks

<http://goog_1872880453>seun.ojedeji at fuoye.edu.ng
<seun.ojedeji at fuoye.edu.ng>*