[CCWG-Accountability] [Area 2] CCWG-Accountability work team 2: draft 5.1

Athina Fragkouli athina.fragkouli at ripe.net
Tue Dec 30 17:58:27 UTC 2014

Hello all,

Steve thank you very much for the draft and for taking into account all
considerations.

I would like to make a clarification:

On 29/12/14 01:53, Steve DelBianco wrote:
> Hope all of you are enjoying the holidays.  Work Team 2 has added
> several ideas and requests that arrived after 21-Dec.  Draft v5.1 is
> attached, reflecting these changes:
>
>     CWG requests: IANA Stewardship CWG co-chairs Jonathan Robinson and
>     Lise Fuhr requested 3 new accountability items in Category 1, Work
>     Stream 1.   These 3 items are flagged as* CWG* (in red and bold)
>

>     David Johnson: For Category 1, Work Stream 1, proposed a contract
>     between ICANN and Registries & Registrars, with Registrants as 3rd
>     party beneficiaries. Contract lets ICANN impose rules on others only
>     when supported by consensus of affected parties.  Disputes go to
>     independent arbitration panel that could issue binding decisions.
>      In a discussion with David, we thought the contract could work
>     alongside the Member structure, not _instead_ of it.
>

>     Izumi Okutani and Athina Fragkouli noted support for four
>     accountability items, but would place them in Work Stream 2 and
>     suggested some wording changes.

The intention of the email Izumi and I sent was to comment regarding the
allocation of these four accountability items to Work Stream 1 or 2. It
was not our intention to provide support for particular accountability
items.

Thank you.

Athina