[Cross-Community] Public Comment Invited: Enhancing ICANN Accountability Process

Seun Ojedeji seun.ojedeji at gmail.com
Mon Sep 8 12:43:41 UTC 2014

On 9/6/14, Grace Abuhamad <grace.abuhamad at icann.org> wrote:
> View the original announcement here:
> https://www.icann.org/news/announcement-08-2014-09-05-en
>
> The Enhancing ICANN Accountability mechanisms will remain operational
> through this comment period but will not address the substantive issues of
> enhancingICANN accountability in the absence of the U.S. Government
> contract
> until the end of the 21-day public comment period.

Now the section above makes it look like the communities
accountability mechanism concerns is all about the oversight
transition which is not the case. One would expect that the current
mechanisms (which is to address both the transition and ICANN
operations) will be put on hold in its totality until after the 21days
comment period.

Its like saying; move on with the car but will drop the extra-tire
with the community for review. The fact is that the driver/component
of the car needs to be reviewed before it moves.

Cheers!

 Any changes to the

<http://goog_1872880453>seun.ojedeji at fuoye.edu.ng
<seun.ojedeji at fuoye.edu.ng>*