[CCWG-ACCT] GAO meeting request

Jordan Carter jordan at internetnz.net.nz
Wed Apr 1 08:00:03 UTC 2015

Thanks for this Mathieu, as others I am happy with this approach. And also
as with others, thank you to you and the other co chairs for the work you
are doing.

bests
Jordan

On 1 April 2015 at 04:58, Mathieu Weill <mathieu.weill at afnic.fr> wrote:

>  Dear Colleagues,
>
> Many thanks for the thoughtful contributions on this thread. We have taken
> good note of the concerns as well as the recommendations. Since we did not
> have enough time to address this particular topic on our call today, this
> email summarizes our current thoughts and steps forward.
>
> First of all, we can confirm that the request from the GAO is directed to
> the co-chairs of the CCWG. We would certainly make clear that we are
> speaking in our personal capacities and not in the name of the CCWG.
>
> Secondly, as was mentioned on the list, the GAO is currently engaging with
> a wide range of stakeholders, including members of this group. The list of
> questions provided is a generic one, and it is our understanding that, as
> far as we are concerned, the main expectation is to discuss about our
> process. Our key intent in this engagement will be focused on explaining
> our process, from the basic principles of the multistakeholder, open and
> transparent approach of the CCWG to the various steps we are taking to come
> up with WS1 proposals. Should the discussion come to contents, we will
> obviously stay within the grounds of tentative conclusions, as currently
> available to the public through, for instance, our co-chair statement.
>
> Taking note of some of the comments received, we will ask the GAO whether
> they would rather hear our update shortly or delay by a few weeks until our
> public comment is out.
>
> Finally, I want to make clear that, while taking note of the objection
> from Eberhard, the co-chairs decision to engage with the GAO does not fall
> within the remit of the "CCWG decision making rules" (including consensus,
> 2nd reading etc). Our commitment as co-chairs is to be as transparent about
> our engagements as possible, and we are perfectly ok to be held accountable
> (and transparent) for what we may say. I think Matthew referred to care and
> thoughtfulness as guiding principles.
>
> Of course, should there be any request for written input after this
> teleconference, it would obviously be subject to review by the whole CCWG.
>
> We hope these clarifications are useful and remain open to your inputs and
> advice.
>
> Best regards,
> Mathieu, Leon and Thomas
>

> Le 30/03/2015 12:11, Mathieu Weill a écrit :
>
> Dear Colleagues,
>
> For your information, the US Governement Accountability Office has
> requested a teleconference with the co-chairs of the CCWG. Tentative date
> is currently discussed for next week (7 or 8 April).
>
> Your inputs are welcome.
>
> Best regards,
> Thomas Rickert, Leon Felipe Sanchez, Mathieu Weill
>

> -------- Message transféré --------  Sujet : April 1, 2, or 3 Meeting
> Request CCWG-Accountability Chairs  Date : Thu, 26 Mar 2015 17:45:11 +0000  De :
> Healey, John C <HealeyJ at GAO.GOV> <HealeyJ at GAO.GOV>  Pour : '
> [...]

Jordan Carter

Chief Executive
*InternetNZ*

04 495 2118 (office) | +64 21 442 649 (mob)
jordan at internetnz.net.nz
Skype: jordancarter

*A better world through a better Internet *