[CCWG-ACCT] Follow up from the last CCWG call

Kieren McCarthy kierenmccarthy at gmail.com
Wed Apr 8 13:23:11 UTC 2015

I feel obliged to point out that the last time the Reconsideration Committee was called out for providing no real level of accountability, it was recommended that non board members be included on the committee. What happened to that solution?

Also with respect to reasons b) and c). These avenues are made somewhat impossible by the fact that ICANN assesses whether the release of any information will cause its decisions to be questioned when deciding (under another equally worthless accountability measure, the DIDP) whether to release any information. This happened recently with the hotels IRP.

In other words, it's a rigged game.

These huge flaws have been known for some time. What continues to prevent the Board from tackling them?

Kieren

-
[sent through phone]