[CCWG-ACCT] Quality of our proposal will suffer from this pace that leaves no time for consideration and meaningful evaluation

Avri Doria avri at acm.org
Tue Apr 14 09:06:14 UTC 2015

Hi,

I agree with this.  Yes, we have a lot to to do, but in many cases it is
detail and tightening up the ideas.  Having the comments of our myriad
communities will help us know that whether are on the right track and
may even give us clues on how to finish up the work.

One of the things about the tail of a a project is it can go on for a
very long time while every I is crossed and t dotted.  Being forced to a
deadline helps.

As for likening this to a student's cramming for an exam, as with that
student, we had time for more intense work earlier in our schedule, but
it wasn't until the deadlines were looming that we really bit into the task.

I support the efforts being made to meet the deadlines and do not think
that this is the time to let up on the effort.

avri

---