[CCWG-ACCT] Slides - Short term WorkPlan

Mathieu Weill mathieu.weill at afnic.fr
Tue Apr 14 16:02:42 UTC 2015

Dear Colleagues,

This is a recap of the discussion we've just had on the short term work
plan. Below are the notes from our CCWG meeting on the matter.

We are shifting our timeline. Our first target is to share a draft
public comment document by this Friday (expected format is 20-25 pages
for the recommendation sections), then leave 3 working days open for you
to consider, and organize discussion of the document in a 2 day intense
work session 23-24 April.

In order to help everyone plan ahead, please note that :
1. Brenda will shortly cancel the CCWG calls planned this Thu, Fri, next
Monday and one of the Tue calls
2. The 23-24 slots will be amended to take into account the feedback
received during the session, so that we "share the pain". Brenda will
circulate the invites by tomorrow.

Considering the tremendous progress made by the WPs in the last few
days, and keeping in mind that, as discussed in Istanbul, we will focus
on the general recommendations first, and work on details as time
permits, we are hopeful that we can use time efficiently, enabling you
to fully participate in the discussion.

Best regards,
Leon, Thomas & Mathieu
co-chairs

Short term work time.
Our charter in the context of the transition, and deliver in a time frame
consistent with the CWG as we are supporting some of their proposals.  We
expect it hear more from CWG on their requirements after their 2 day
intense work session of Monday/Tuesday this week. And we need our proposal
to be available for ICANN #53 and consideration by the SO/AC,  Our
Istanbul target was for public comment launch on April 21. We want members
to be able to comment on the proposals. We need assurance on legal
feasibility, and we have good progress and issues for legal group to
investigate

Way forward.  1.  focus, and suggestions on list we might do that on the
CWG needs, as they respond after their intense work days.
Adjust our approach: 3 step approach:  1. this week focus on WP so they
complete proposals by the end of the week.  2. To turn around a 20-25 page
draft report over the weekend and 3 day freeze Monday-Wednesday so the
group can consider.  3. a 2 day intense work period based on the CWG
model, Thursday/ Friday next week

Revised call schedule.  Cancel the CCWG calls of Thursday Apr 16, Friday
Apr 17 (set Friday as target for the draft report to be circulated) and
cancel the additional meetings of Monday Apr 20 and Tuesday 21st.  Keep
the regular Tuesday Apr 21 CCWG 19:00 UTC. Consider CWG comments and
follow-up on legal advice).  Intensive April 23/24 work period as inspired
by the CWG process of meetings. And finalize the proposals - we are
extending the time line.

Cover the CWG requirements as a priority.

No face-to-face  May meeting, but June 19 in Buenos Aires.

Request the spread the meeting times for the intense meetings across the
timezones (Agreed, will be amended)

Le 14/04/2015 16:10, Alice Jansen a écrit :
> Dear all,
> Please find attached the short term work plan slides that are
> currently being discussed.
> Best regards
> Alice

Mathieu WEILL