[CCWG-ACCT] Fwd: Work update and Proposed Agenda: WP1 call #10 - Wed 15 April @ 21h-23h UTC

Jordan Carter jordan at internetnz.net.nz
Wed Apr 15 08:17:58 UTC 2015

fyi people.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Jordan Carter <jordan at internetnz.net.nz>
Date: 15 April 2015 at 20:17
Subject: Work update and Proposed Agenda: WP1 call #10 - Wed 15 April @
21h-23h UTC
To: "wp1 at icann.org" <wp1 at icann.org>

Hi all (WP1, copied to CCWG)

Our next WP1 meeting is at 21h00-23h00 on Wednesday 15 April, around 13hrs
from now.

Following the CCWG meeting held around nineteen hours ago, it's clear that
there are more questions to ask of legal advisors, and much debate still to
be had about the mechanism for our community powers.

We *aren't* going to be able to *solve* the *mechanism* question in time
for our Public Comment Report content deadline this Friday, *so I propose
we don't try to do so - doing so will derail the rest of our work*.

[The question of what mechanism will be picked up by the full CCWG in its
meeting on Tuesday next week and in the intensive work next Friday and
Saturday.]

Our focus should be on getting the rest of the material we are working on
done, which requires us on Wed 15th and Thu 16th to:

   - raise any further questions on the *powers *with our lawyers, who will
   be on the first part of Wednesday's call
   - seeing if we can in discussion tease out any more elements of the
   *mechanism*, so as to help Counsel with prep for the discussion at the
   CCWG next week
   - discuss the *remaining new Public Comment Report content* we ran out
   of time to discuss at meeting #9 (the "6.X section of our comment doc) - I
   had hoped CCWG would discuss this
   - get consensus, or establish specific lack of consensus (and hopefully
   options), on the material in our comment document.

To achieve these relatively limited and achievable goals by Friday, here is
the agenda I propose, with Counsel present for items 2 & 3:

*CCWG-ACCT Working Party 1 (Community Empowerment)*
*Agenda for Meeting #10, 15 April @ 21-23h UTC*

   1.

*Review of Agenda Q&A section - to ask questions of counsel to help inform
   them, and to get some brief answers where possible - ongoing part of the
   dialogue to support CCWG's next meeting be as useful as possible *
   2. *Q&A with Counsel on the "Mechanism" debate*
   This is to follow up the CCWG meeting on 14 Apr and add any WP1
*perspectives
   *for Counsel to *consider *as they prep for next week's work (20 mins max
   )
   (slides from the CCWG meeting, which might be useful, are at
   https://community.icann.org/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=52890082)

   3. *Q&A with Counsel on our Powers*
   Any remaining questions that didn't get dealt with last meeting (WP1 Mtg
   (the memo with the advice in blue boxes under each template is at
   https://community.icann.org/download/attachments/52890082/Combined%20CCWG%20Cover%20Memo%20and%20Templates.pdf?version=3&modificationDate=1428797461000&api=v2
   )

*Substantive work section - this is where you really need to have read the
   material, which I remind you most of you will have seen before... for us in
   WP1 to be moving towards consensus *
   4.
*Public Comment Document content *A third iteration of the Public Comment
   Document content will be circulated by me as soon as it is ready - next
   hour or two. The document will be clean, like last time, but I will also
   track changes compared with the v2 document (as was done last time).

   5. *Agenda for Next Call*

--
Jordan Carter

Chief Executive
*InternetNZ*

04 495 2118 (office) | +64 21 442 649 (mob)

jordan at internetnz.net.nz
Skype: jordancarter

*A better world through a better Internet *