[CCWG-ACCT] Feedback requested - CCWG Engagement plan

Jordan Carter jordan at internetnz.net.nz
Wed Apr 15 20:09:21 UTC 2015

Mathieu, all:

I think that this looks like a good plan at a high level.

I guess to make it work will be necessary to get the materials and
scheduling available ASAP once our First Public Comment Report is done.

Given our schedule, I wonder if 29 April is too early for the webinar, but
happy to be flexible about it.

cheers
Jordan

On 10 April 2015 at 08:34, Mathieu Weill <mathieu.weill at afnic.fr> wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> As discussed, we are moving this discussion to the list as our time on the
> calls is pretty busy with more urgent matters.
>
> We have put together a proposed engagement plan to help disseminate and
> socialize the progress we have made to date. Attached and below you will
> find an outline of our suggested toolkit for your consideration. The
> engagement plan was essentially designed to help set the stage for our
> public comment period and prepare for discussions to be held at the ICANN
> meeting in Buenos Aires. As we ran out of time on our call last week to
> discuss the plan, we would be very grateful if you could please share any
> objections or comments you may have by 16/04.
>
> Webinars
> Webinars are an excellent tool to walk interested individuals through our
> milestones and initial conclusions. Together with a Q&A, it is a great way
> to provide a comprehensive overview of our mandate, activities and collect
> some initial feedback to guide us through our next steps or identify areas
> that need clarification, if any. We suggest organizing a repeat session to
> accommodate all timezones. Webinars are recorded, transcribed and ICANN may
> also book language services, as deemed needed. We suggest locking
> 09:00-10:30 UTC and 18:00-19:30 UTC on Wednesday, 29 April.
>
> Interviews
> Interviews are a great way for us to share our unique perspectives and to
> explain the process in our own words. We suggest continuing this outreach
> effort as work evolves.
>
> Videos
> We suggest creating a video which would be a compilation of pods
> assembling storytelling information and progress updates using, among other
> things, excerpts from interviews,  nteractive graphics to facilitate and
> deepen understanding of our work and of how it is bridged to other
> processes. The Xplane team would help translate the process into graphics.
> The video could be a good way to reach a broader audience.
>
> Mailing-List
> We would like to suggest setting up a mailing-list where anyone would be
> in a position to send feedback or comments on an ongoing basis. This list
> would be an additional avenue for the community to submit feedback. We
> suggest kicking this off after our public comment closes to allow for
> continuous feedback. This is a tool that has been very useful in some
> processes: the ATRT for instance.
>
> Members
> Activities led by members of the CCWG to update their respective
> memberships (and beyond) are of essence in socializing the work of the CCWG
> and Cochairs recognize all the efforts that are being conducted. It is a
> key component of the engagement plan altogether. Sharing discussions held
> with your communities and flagging issues that were brought up - if any -
> will help us prepare for the public comment period and proactively unearth
> [...]

Jordan Carter

Chief Executive
*InternetNZ*

04 495 2118 (office) | +64 21 442 649 (mob)
jordan at internetnz.net.nz
Skype: jordancarter

*A better world through a better Internet *