[CCWG-ACCT] RES: RES: Initial draft section 8 - work stream 2

Pedro Ivo Ferraz da Silva pedro.ivo at itamaraty.gov.br
Thu Apr 16 21:12:01 UTC 2015

Dear Greg,

Thank you for the email.

We have just started to interact with the legal firms and are slowly being acquainted with their advice. In the course of the next weeks/months I believe we will be able to better identify whether there are limitations or not regarding ICANN's current jurisdiction. This is why I wrote "possible accountability limitations".

Maybe the text at the end of the sentence is a bit misleading, but I didn't mean they have been already identified. This is still work in progress.

Regards,

Secretário Pedro Ivo Ferraz da Silva

Divisão da Sociedade da Informação (DI)

Ministério das Relações Exteriores - Brasil

T: + 55 61 2030-6609

Secretary Pedro Ivo Ferraz da Silva

Division of Information Society (DI)

Ministry of External Relations - Brazil