[CCWG-ACCT] Fadi Chehade Written Responses to Senate Questions

Malcolm Hutty malcolm at linx.net
Mon Apr 20 10:14:12 UTC 2015

On 20/04/2015 10:39, Edward Morris wrote:
> Thanks Greg. I found the document to be very illuminating, not so much
> for Fadi's answers but for the questions being asked by members of
> Congress. Of all the questions that could be asked they really do seem
> to be focused on the question of HQ location.

Chairman Thune asked a question on HQ location, and a question about the
Jones Day advice this group received.

Senator Blunt asked a question on HQ location that he related
specifically to the protection of free speech, a question on the
evaluation of community-based applications for gTLDs, two questions
related to the protection of intellectual property rights, a question
about the same Jones Day advice, and ten further questions broadly about
post-transition accountability commitments, structures and mechanisms.

Senator Daines asked one question, which was about how ICANN addressed
illegal activity by registrants.

I didn't see the oral hearing, but I wouldn't characterise this written
document as 'Of all the questions that could be asked they really do
seem to be focused on the question of HQ location.'.

Kind Regards,

Malcolm.

--
            Malcolm Hutty | tel: +44 20 7645 3523
   Head of Public Affairs | Read the LINX Public Affairs blog

                 London Internet Exchange Ltd
           21-27 St Thomas Street, London SE1 9RY

         Company Registered in England No. 3137929