[CCWG-ACCT] [Acct-Legal] Accountability questions to law firms

Dr Eberhard W Lisse el at lisse.na
Fri Apr 24 06:00:52 UTC 2015

Dear Co-CHairs,

I note the change in the angle of approach.

This is a very reasonable description of the multi-stakeholder
approach, lacking only that here are more than 250 ccTLD Managers, a
large number of which are small (like .NA's), lack the resources
(like .NA's) are in the same position (as .NA's) and don't have a
voice here (unlike .NA's).

el

On 2015-04-24 00:12 , Drazek, Keith wrote:
> Dear Co-Chairs,
>
> I would note that every one of us has an interest in the outcome
> of these proceedings, or we wouldn't be participating and spending
> our precious time and resources.
>
> Some of us are here for personal interest, some professional, some
> on behalf of our employers or clients.  Many of us are
> participating for a combination of reasons.
>
> Verisign unquestionably has a strong interest in an accountable
> ICANN. No one who has observed my engagement in this process for
> the last 12 months could dispute that.  For that I make no
> apologies.
>
> In the same way, I do not expect our colleague to apologize for
> participating in this process to protect his own personal,
> property and financial interests and to address concerns about a
> possible future revocation of his ccTLD.
>
> Neither are "ulterior motives" as our colleague characterized.  I
> am employed by a corporation to ensure its goals are achieved.  I
> am also personally and professionally invested in the successful
> outcome of this process for the ICANN community.  Our colleague is
> self-employed and is seeking to achieve his own goals for his own
> reasons.  One is not more pure than the other.
>
> No one should be criticized or demonized for pursuing and
> promoting their interests in a collaborative endeavor.  That's
> what the multi-stakeholder model is all about.
>
> Regards,
> Keith
[...]

PO Box 8421             \     /