[CCWG-ACCT] SLIGHTLY revised Fundamental Commitments and Core Values Chart

Sivasubramanian M isolatedn at gmail.com
Fri Apr 24 10:04:10 UTC 2015

Malcolm,

ICANN has been using the phrase "Global Public Interest" for years, and
there has not been a problem. "Global Public Interest" in fact, defines the
mission of ICANN in the right language. I would agree with anyone who
prefers this phrase.

If it is indeed risky to use the phrase "public interest", if it paves way
for a Government claim that they are the ones authorized to care for public
interest, if at all, then we could find and examine alternative phrases
such as "Global User's Interest" or "Collective Interest" or "Stakeholder's
common interest" or by coining a phrase using words such as benevolence.

Sivasubramanian M

Sivasubramanian M <https://www.facebook.com/sivasubramanian.muthusamy>