[CCWG-ACCT] Legal question

Dr Eberhard W Lisse el at lisse.NA
Sat Apr 25 14:31:30 UTC 2015

Jordan,

sorry for being late, but somehow I left this on the netbook :-)-O

as much as I would want the FoI to become ICANN policy, and binding
ICANN (or rather the IANA Function Manager) in its behavior
regarding each and all ccTLD Managers (whether ccNSO Members or
not), the other way round is not true.

Would you expect me to speak for or act on behalf of .NZ in a
binding way just because the A and Z are close together on the
keyboard?

I understand Member Organization as to be able to do that.  And I
can not go along with that.

This does not even address the question whether the USG has any
claim to the root, and the numerous consequences originating from
this.

And I am not sure why you would not have discussed the FoI at length
with Keith Davidson?  In particular with regards to a PDP. I have
always been in favor of a PDP, he wasn't, and quite adamantly.

el