[CCWG-ACCT] the pwoer to enforce AOC type (6.7) recommendations

Avri Doria avri at acm.org
Sun Apr 26 17:28:30 UTC 2015

Hi,

In the draft recommendations (6.7.2):

> Require the ICANN board to approve and implement review team
> recommendations, including
> recommendations from previous reviews.

> The final output of all reviews will be published for public comment.
> The Board shall consider approval and begin implementation within
> six months of receipt of the recommendations.

We discussed this as a putting a greater obligation onf the Board than
it currently has.  But I do not understand how that is the case.  At
this point, it is still up to the Board to agree or not.

In responding to a CWG-IANA based question from an NCSG member on how
the IANA Function Review recommendation  for a RFP, if such were to ever
happen, would be respected by the ICANN Board?  Couldn't they just
ignore it.

I did not have a response and am wondering what part of the community
powers I am forgetting.

This points to the more general question about any recommendation of an
AOC type review.

Other than the no-confidence removal of the Board (6.6.6. got to love
the numer!), is there anything that gives the AOC-Like review
recommendations the sort of Community powers that we have discussed
having for budgets, strategy & operational plans (6.6.2) ?  Is it
possible to include Board rejection of AOC type review recommendations
under the category of decision that can be overruled by members?  Or is
that class of decsion restricted by statute?

Thanks

avri

---