[CCWG-ACCT] Legal question

Avri Doria avri at acm.org
Thu Apr 30 03:14:16 UTC 2015

Hi,

How does the bottom-up imperative for SO/AC figure into the drive for
standardization?  Each of the SOC/AC is diffeent according to its own
bottom-up priorities, why wouldn't their legal persona also be self
directed?

And if the legal persona can be constrained, is this done as an ICANN
Board issue or a Members issue.

avri

On 29-Apr-15 21:06, Jordan Carter wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> On 30 April 2015 at 12:44, Chris Disspain <ceo at auda.org.au
> <mailto:ceo at auda.org.au>> wrote:
>
>     León,
>
>     Thanks!
>
>     I appreciate that each SO/AC could set its own controls over its
>     ‘alter ego’ and so the question would be more how will any control
>     mechanisms be enforced.
>
>     However, I imagine that it may also be important to each SO/AC to
>     ensure that their fellow SOs and ACs have robust control
>     mechanisms in place.
>

> I strongly agree with this. I think there should be common
> requirements across the SOs/ACs so we don't end up with a hodge podge
> or low standards for exercising some of these powers.
>
> What do others think?

> --
> Jordan Carter
>
> Chief Executive
> *InternetNZ*
>
> 04 495 2118 (office) | +64 21 442 649 (mob)
> jordan at internetnz.net.nz <mailto:jordan at internetnz.net.nz>
> Skype: jordancarter
>
> /A better world through a better Internet /

---