[CCWG-ACCT] NomCom 6.6.5.g.2

Alan Greenberg alan.greenberg at mcgill.ca
Thu Apr 30 04:40:24 UTC 2015

This section currently reads:

Alternatively, a special committee of the NomCom could be established
to deal with removal petitions when they arise. Such a "Recall
Committee" would have as chair a previous NomCom Chair and would
otherwise be formulated on the same basis as the regular NomCom.
Either option is legally viable.

As mentioned by both Cheryl and I, the implications of "and would
otherwise be formulated on the same basis as the regular NomCom" are
vast and likely not what this group really needs. I would strongly
suggest that the phrase be omitted. We could either defer the details
of this alternative until after the public comment (and perhaps ask
for input), or defer it until WS2.

Also as noted, the sentence "Either option is legally viable."
applies to both options 1 and 2 and should be the 2nd sentence of the
base item g.

Alan