[CCWG-ACCT] Proposed text to add to public comment document

Alan Greenberg alan.greenberg at mcgill.ca
Thu Apr 30 04:31:49 UTC 2015

I have a real problem with this.

There is no doubt that the private sector has been a major and
influential component since its inception, but it is similarly true
that governments and users (albeit in varying models) have been an
integral component of ICANN. Our roles may be different, but our
roots go as deep, and the import of the public interest in ICANN
cannot and should not be swept under the carpet.

Alan