[CCWG-ACCT] Issues with Providing Public Comments on CCWG-Accountability Proposal

Steve DelBianco sdelbianco at netchoice.org
Wed Dec 2 19:30:01 UTC 2015

I don’t support Nigel and Milton’s view that we need to finish the public comment before asking chartering orgs about their positions.

As our CCWG charter requires, we are now asking chartering orgs whether they support CCWG recommendations.  Anyone who is part of a chartering org (for example, Milton and I are part of GNSO), can voice their views and concerns within their chartering org to influence the chartering organization's position.

Any individual, whether or not they are pat of a chartering org, could broadcast their concerns about the CCWG proposal so that could be considered by chartering orgs in their internal deliberations.

For all these reasons, let’s continue to focus efforts on understanding concerns and questions raised by our chartering orgs, according to their own internal procedures and timelines.