[CCWG-ACCT] Issues with Providing Public Comments on CCWG-Accountability Proposal

Robin Gross robin at ipjustice.org
Wed Dec 2 21:40:04 UTC 2015

What is the point in sending in public comments if the chartering organizations making the decision won’t even have seen them yet?  The chartering organizations are supposed to consider the comments submitted in the public comment period *before* they decide whether to go ahead.  We need to hear from the wider community — and non-English speakers won’t even have the translations until the end of the comment period, and thus be able to read the recommendations for the 1st time.  How can CO's be “deciding” before non-English speakers can even read and respond to the recommendations?  We need to do this in the proper order for our own process to be “accountable”.

Thanks,
Robin