[CCWG-ACCT] Mission Statement language regarding grandfathering

David Post david.g.post at gmail.com
Fri Dec 4 17:03:42 UTC 2015

That looks like what we had agreed on ...

David

At 10:16 AM 12/4/2015, Burr, Becky wrote:

>I want to circulate what I believe is the agreed
>upon language regarding grandfathering, just to
>make sure we are all on the same page.  Not
>quite sure how we will be handling
>post-publication changes like this – we will
>probably need to discuss on the next CCWG
>call.  But in the meanwhile, I want to capture the state of our discussion.
>

>3.     For the avoidance of uncertainty, the
>language of existing registry agreements and
>registrar accreditation agreements should be
>grandfathered.  This means that the parties who
>entered into existing contracts intended (and
>intend) to be bound by those agreements.  It
>means that neither a contracting party nor
>anyone else should be able to bring a case that
>any provisions of such agreements on their face
>are ultra vires.  It does not, however, modify
>any contracting party’s right to challenge the
>other party¹s interpretation of that language.
>It does not modify the right of any person or
>entity materially affected (as defined in the
>Bylaws) by an action or inaction in violation
>ICANN¹s Bylaws to seek redress through an
>IRP.  Nor does it modify the scope of ICANN’s Mission.
>
>J. Beckwith Burr
>Neustar, Inc. / Deputy General Counsel & Chief Privacy Officer
>1775 Pennsylvania Avenue NW, Washington D.C. 20006
>Office: +1.202.533.2932  Mobile: +1.202.352.6367
>/ <http://www.neustar.biz>neustar.biz

David G Post - Senior Fellow, Open Technology Institute/New America Foundation
blog (Volokh Conspiracy) http://www.washingtonpost.com/people/david-post
book (Jefferson's Moose)  http://tinyurl.com/c327w2n
music
http://tinyurl.com/davidpostmusic  publications