[CCWG-ACCT] CCWG / Responses to requests for information made by Dr Eberhard Lisse on 24 November 2015

Xavier J. Calvez xavier.calvez at icann.org
Sat Dec 5 00:36:54 UTC 2015

Dear Eberhard,
Dear members of the CCWG,

As indicated last week, I wanted to provide feedback by the end of this
week on the requests that Eberhard made in the email below. I have
repeated below the requests from Eberhard¹s email, adding numbering and a
title for ease of reference. I have also retitled this email to refer
specifically to the content of Eberhard¹s email.

1. Meeting¹s travel support report, in CSV Format

Full text of the request: ³The Constituency Travel Support group publishes
a PDF report after each meeting detailing the flight costs. I would like
to have the data uses to prepare these already published reports in a
format amenable to further analysis, such as CSV.²

Response: We have produced the reports in a CSV format for the meeting¹s
reports provided since the beginning of 2014, and have published them on
the Community Wiki. Please see at
https://community.icann.org/display/trvlconstit/Travel+Report. We will
produce this report in both PDF and CSV formats going forward. If there
would be earlier meeting¹s reports that you would specifically like to
obtain in CSV format in addition, please provide a list and we will
consider also adding those to the wiki page, dependent upon feasibility
and workload.

2. USG Transition travel costs, in CSV Format

Full text of the request: ³I would then like to have all travel costs
related to Transition in the same format.²

Response: We can and will produce this information in the requested
format. This information has not been compiled into 1 document until now,
and we have started working on producing a similarly laid out document to
be published on the USG Transition costs page
(https://www.icann.org/resources/pages/iana-stewardship-project-costs-2015-
10-16-en). Considering the current level of workload, I expect that we
could finalize the document and published it by 18 December. I will notify
this group when publication will have occurred.

3. Staff hours

Full text of the request: ³I would like to have the workload of staff in
hours, including time spent in transit.²

Response: I have assumed that this request is in relation to the USG
Transition project. If this is not correct, please let me know.
ICANN does not identify by activity or project the time spent by its
employees on an on-going basis. On an as-needed basis, ICANN may estimate
staff time spent on specific activities or projects.
For the USG Transition project, ICANN has identified staff members
involved in the project in a ³significant² fashion. ³Significant² is
determined on the basis of an estimated percentage of time spent on the
project at or exceeding 10% and above, provided by these staff members or
their managers. It can be as a result of an on-going activity carried out
on a partial basis, or a dedicated full time during a limited period. It
is intended that management involvement is excluded from this list, in
order to limit the information to specific involvement rather than general
involvement. In other words, not every staff member who spends time on the
project is listed, to be conservative in this assessment exercise.
This approach is not intended to provide precise information but a
reasonable itemized information that gives a directional quantification of
the resources involved.
The list of staff members for FY15 (actual data) and FY16 (Budget data),
as well as the percentages of estimated time spent on the project is
displayed in the attached document, which will be published shortly on the
USG Transition project webpage.

4. Consulting fees

Full text of the request: ³I would like to have the consulting fees (not
necessarily by name) and the fees for experts.²

Response: I have assumed that this request is in relation to the USG
Transition project. If this is not correct, please let me know.
We believe that a comprehensive view of the professional services expenses
(equivalent to the notion of consulting fees) has been provided in 2
documents appearing in the paragraph ³Professional Services ­ Expenses
Breakdown² that can be found at
https://www.icann.org/resources/pages/iana-stewardship-project-costs-2015-1
0-16-en. This section of the page, along with the personnel and travel
cost items, subject to your questions above, represent the entire set of
costs of the USG Transition project, meaning that there is no other costs
in relation to this project. If you believe there is information
relativeto consulting fees that you would like to see and would not appear
in the documents referenced above, please let me know.

As a general comment, the information referenced above, that can be found
on the following page
[https://www.icann.org/resources/pages/iana-stewardship-project-costs-2015-
10-16-en], is intended to be updated on a quarterly basis, with the next
update planned after the end of the the 2nd quarter of ICANN¹s fiscal year
2016 (Oct to Dec 2015).

I trust this addresses the requests for now and I will follow up as
indicated above where relevant.

Thank you.
Best,

Xavier