[CCWG-ACCT] Issues with Providing Public Comments on CCWG-Accountability Proposal

George Sadowsky george.sadowsky at gmail.com
Sat Dec 5 03:55:40 UTC 2015

Dear Eberhard,

> On Dec 4, 2015, at 3:08 PM, Dr Eberhard W Lisse <el at lisse.na> wrote:
>
> Dear Co-Chairs,
>
> now that is a Freudian slip if I ever saw one:
>
> The means used by Sadowsky and his ilk to achieve their end, the predetermined outcome of the transition, were well noted.

I'm not sure what you referred to here, and I really don't know who my ilk are. You are quite correct in thinking that I judge certain outcomes of the accountability process to be more desirable than others, but I do not understand why you think that any outcomes are predetermined. All of us involved in this process have our own ideas about what the most desirable outcomes are, and the end result, assuming that we do reach agreement, will be a mixture of all these.

> Can you please also ask Sadowsky to refrain from emailing me at my private email address?

I simply clicked on reply to respond to your message. Your private email address was in the addressee list of your message.  I'm not sure what the co-chairs have to do with this.

> For Sadowsky this all may be a game, but for many, including me, it is not. Some of us work for a living.

The accountability exercise is not a game, And I don't believe that I have led anyone to believe that I think this is a game.  It is an attempt to bring a more up-to-date accountability framework to what ICANN is and what it does.  Not everyone will be satisfied with the result, but with some hard work, mutual respect and empathy I hope that we will be able to converge on an acceptable solution that will serve us well for the next period of ICANN's life.

I also work for a living, as well as doing a lot of pro bono work related to my expertise for my community and for my region.  The accountability process has taken a lot of time from a large number of people. I think that we will all be relieved when we can scale back to a steady state of activity that is more relaxed than it is currently.

Eberhardt, do you remember when we first met? It was in Cotonou, Benin in November 1998 at the meeting which eventually resulted in the formation of AFRINIC. I was the keynote speaker at the conference. You came up to me and informed me why you had been insulting me on email lists for the past several years. You didn't apologize, you just stated your reasons.

You haven't changed.  I don't know what it is that makes you antagonistic toward me. I am sure that I do not threaten you and I do not threaten the accountability process. Perhaps you could explain what it is about me that you don't like and we could deal with that, rather than your sniping at me for what I believe is no good reason.

Thank you,

George