[CCWG-ACCT] Notes-Recordings-Transcript links for CCWG ACCT Meeting #71 - 8 December

Brenda Brewer brenda.brewer at icann.org
Tue Dec 8 21:09:23 UTC 2015

Hello all,

The notes, recordings and transcripts for CCWG Accountability Meeting #71 held on 8 December will be
available here:  https://community.icann.org/x/AcFYAw

A copy of the action items and notes may be found below.

Thank you.

Kind regards,

Brenda

Action Items

*        ACTION ITEM: Staff to send a reminder to Kavouss Arasteh that an Expression of Interest is
needed.

*        ACTION ITEM: CoChairs to update draft and send

*        ACTION ITEM: Becky to provide rationale

Notes

These high-level notes are designed to help you navigate through content of the call and do not
substitute in any way the transcript.

Webinars and Board call debrief

All Chartering Organizations are encouraged to hold calls. We are also encouraging you all to
conduct outreach

A document that concentrates all Q&As will be published later today.

Co-Chairs held a call with Board for informational discussion. Transcript will be published. Board
gave overview of comments
submitted. Agreement that Board would go deeper into detail. We were invited to hold another call
that might take place next
Sunday with objective of having Q&A to guide Board on comments. This call is not a negotiation.
Board input will be treated
at same level as community input. Refer to Bruce Tonkin's email for topics on which clarification
needed: Human Rights,
inspection rights, Board consideration of GAC advice.

IRP Subgroup

Responsible for substantive process design.

Becky will lead.

Review of EOIs received.

We had determined that if too big of a group, we would define selection criteria. The proposed group
is of a manageable
size. In addition to size, diversity is important. Suggesting to keep numbers of individuals as is.
We will keep group
opened for any additional contributors that would allow for better geographic representation.

If a policy that deployed independent review council, the policy would need to specify manner in
which IRP would resolve
any inconsistencies. Lawyers will draft paperwork and implementation oversight team will review.
There is no requirement
to be lawyer or prior experience but it is important to have key contributions. Kavouss Arasteh has
volunteered.

ACTION ITEM: Staff to send a reminder to Kavouss Arasteh that an Expression of Interest is needed.

Timeline

There is room for publishing a supplemental report if need be. Co-Chairs have prepared an email hat
could be sent to
Chartering Organizations. Review of proposed letter.

Provisions for formal resolutions need to be consistent with timeline. There is precedent for CWG
where one of the
COs issued a non-objection statement. Charter is not fully explicit on this Formal approval is
better than anything else. It would be
inappropriate to take absence of answer as support or objection. We will need to assess level of
support. We need to
be aware that we are asking to endorse recommendations which may leave implementation details open
for dialogue (handled during implementation phase). It is important to communicate it to Chartering
Organizations. We will need to assess
consensus for clarity. Recommendations are based on public consultations. CCWG-ACCT also charged
with looking at overall
comments. Consensus will need to be revised if major concerns. Chartering organizations need to
define process in own timeline.

ACTION ITEM: CoChairs to update draft and send

AOB

ALAC made comments on Mission Statement on Second Proposal. We need to understand rationale why not
included.

ACTION ITEM: Becky to provide rationale

Marrakech: Since there is no confirmed plan for CCWG-ACCT to have a meeting adjacent to Marrakech,
there will be
no travel funding for the CCWG members to attend ICANN55. In the past, CCWG members have received
funding for
ICANN meetings as an exception to attend meetings outside of the ICANN program and extend stay for
program. The
CCWG will have working sessions on the ICANN meeting schedule, for which there will be remote
participation
available. Any funding for CCWG members who wish to attend Marrakesh should be discussed with the
appointing
SO/AC since SO/ACs receive travel funding for ICANN meetings per the ICANN travel policy

Documents

*        PDF:
<https://community.icann.org/download/attachments/56148225/IRP%20Implementation%20Oversight%20Team.p
df?version=1&modificationDate=1449604037100&api=v2> IRP Implementation Oversight Team.pdf

*        PDF:
<https://community.icann.org/download/attachments/56148225/CCWG%20Timeline.pdf?version=1&modificatio
nDate=1449604147070&api=v2> CCWG Timeline.pdf

*        DOC:
<https://community.icann.org/download/attachments/56148225/Proposed%20note.docx?version=1&modificati
onDate=1449604001138&api=v2> Proposed note.docx   |   PDF:
<https://community.icann.org/download/attachments/56148225/Proposed%20note.pdf?version=1&modificatio
nDate=1449603853946&api=v2> Proposed note.pdf