[CCWG-ACCT] Resolution of Mission Language related to regulation and contract

Greg Shatan gregshatanipc at gmail.com
Fri Dec 11 17:13:06 UTC 2015

One view would be that, as we are not changing ICANN's Mission, but merely
clarifying it, all existing PICs are within the Mission, both before and
after.  But that may be a naive view (and possibly, an incorrect one).

Any judgment that an existing PIC would violate the new Mission language
would indicate either (a) there are existing PICs that are outside ICANN's
Mission, or (b) the new Mission language is changing ICANN's Mission and
not merely clarifying it.

Greg