[CCWG-ACCT] FW: Fwd: FW: ICANN Board Comments on Third CCWG-Accountability Draft Proposal on Work Stream 1 Recommendations

'Andrew Sullivan' ajs at anvilwalrusden.com
Tue Dec 15 15:23:31 UTC 2015

On Tue, Dec 15, 2015 at 09:32:29AM -0500, Paul Rosenzweig wrote:
> You are also ignoring the fact that the Board's threat is completely
> contrary to the promise of the CEO to the Senate that the Board would
> transmit whatever proposal it got from CCWG-A without modification.  I find
> the Board's threat and behavior deeply unfortunate.

I don't see where in its comments the board said it would fail to
transmit the CCWG-A's output without modification.  Can you point that
out, please?

It seems obvious to me that, if the board transmitted a proposal along
with the observation that at least 2/3 of the board members do not
believe it to be in the global public interest, that would be a bad
thing.  But I'm not yet convinced the distance between the views is
unbridgeable, as long as we take everyone's efforts to be in good
faith rather than assuming they're attempts to force some view on
others.  We may yet fail, but there's no reason to fail early.

Best regards,

Andrew Sullivan
ajs at anvilwalrusden.com