[CCWG-ACCT] FW: Fwd: FW: ICANN Board Comments on Third CCWG-Accountability Draft Proposal on Work Stream 1 Recommendations

James Gannon james at cyberinvasion.net
Tue Dec 15 15:29:53 UTC 2015

I would see it as a little worse than that, even in the event that the board did agree to transmit the CCWG report to NTIA with a statement that it does not believe that elements are in the global public interest(Which the charter indicates they may not do until we have entered into a formal negotiation process with the board), in the event of that outcome, with a 2/3rds majority of the board voting in that manner I don’t see how the recommendations of the CCWG will be able to come into force as the same board members will have to ratify the bylaw changes that they have by a 2.3rd majority stated they do not agree to.

-James

On 15/12/2015, 3:23 p.m., "accountability-cross-community-bounces at icann.org on behalf of 'Andrew Sullivan'" <accountability-cross-community-bounces at icann.org on behalf of ajs at anvilwalrusden.com> wrote: