[CCWG-ACCT] Fwd: FW: ICANN Board Comments on Third CCWG-Accountability Draft Proposal on Work Stream 1 Recommendations

Bruce Tonkin Bruce.Tonkin at melbourneit.com.au
Wed Dec 16 03:33:23 UTC 2015

Hello Milton,

>>  Bruce, according to the CCWG charter, any determination by the board that a CCWG recommendation is “not in the public interest” requires a 2/3 majority of the board. Your comments contain 2 or 3 items which the board deems not in the “public interest.” Yet, as far as I can tell, no record of a vote is available.

The Board won’t vote on the CCWG recommendations until it receives the CCWG-Accountability Board report from the CCWG,  which shall include at a minimum:

"a)     The (Supplemental) Proposal as adopted by the CCWG-Accountability; and

b)     The notifications of the decisions from the chartering organizations

c)     Documentation of the process that was followed, including, but not limited to documenting the process of building consensus within the CCWG-Accountability and public consultations.

In the event one or more of the chartering organizations do(es) not support (parts of) the (Supplemental) Proposal(s), the Board Report shall also clearly indicate the part(s) of the (Supplemental) Final Proposal(s) which are fully supported and the parts which not, and which of the chartering organizations dissents, to the extent this is feasible.  "

The ICANN Board Comments on Third CCWG-Accountability Draft Proposal on Work Stream 1 Recommendations represent a consensus of the Board as a result of several Board Information Calls over the past week.   They identify areas where the Board has concerns, and also provide possible solutions to address those concerns.

Regards,
Bruce Tonkin