[CCWG-ACCT] The Board's take on the Mission Statement

Seun Ojedeji seun.ojedeji at gmail.com
Wed Dec 16 16:26:21 UTC 2015

On Dec 16, 2015 17:00, "Burr, Becky" <Becky.Burr at neustar.biz> wrote:

> I have asked Bruce to explain what is encompassed by "the allocation
and assignment of names in the root zone” that is not covered
by “coordination of the development and implantation of policies.”

SO(Not Bruce): The former is an action item in relation to RZ, the later is
means to the former. We may be concerned if just the former is preferred
but from your pasted table, I see that both was accommodated.

I hope no one would argue that ICANN performs 2 main roles in relation to
names;
1. Coordinate development and implementation of policies
2. Allocate names to the root zone

So I don't see anything wrong in trying to reflect its actual role if
indeed the goal is to ensure clarity on role.

Regards

> I encourage each of you to study the side-by-side comparison attached to
determine for yourself whether the Board’s approach is consistent with the
goals of clarifying ICANN’s limited Mission.