[CCWG-ACCT] FW: Fwd: FW: ICANN Board Comments on Third CCWG-Accountability Draft Proposal on Work Stream 1 Recommendations

Mueller, Milton L milton at gatech.edu
Wed Dec 16 19:25:53 UTC 2015

Bruce,
Please refer to David Post's critique of the alternative mission language in the board comments. Note in particular the absence of any commitment to bottom up, MS consensus as the basis for policy, and the absence of any recognition that contracting must be within mission.

As I said in my just-prior message, it's difficult for us to take a unilateral, one-stakeholder rewrite of the entire mission statement seriously at this point. Rather than proposing to start over, the board needs to help us focus on getting the CCWG's intent into specific bylaw language that works.

--MM