[CCWG-ACCT] Our timetable -- some personal observations

Izumi Okutani izumi at nic.ad.jp
Thu Dec 17 13:57:36 UTC 2015

Thank you Bruce for your timely response to my question.

I realise the question was not clear enough, which sounded like a question about the Board's position about the timelines and the process.

Let me try again -

It would be helpful to know how strongly the ICANN Board feels about some of the suggestions the Board has made in the public comment, to have them reflected in the final CCWG proposal.

Specifically:
 - Out of a number of suggestions the ICANN Board has made in the public comment, is there any suggestion which ICANN Board feel strongly about, to have it reflected in the final CCWG proposal?
   (Including considerations to possible impact on the timelines to reflect the suggestion)
 - Or does the Board strongly believe equally in all of the suggestions it has made, to have them reflected in the final proposal?

To explain a little more of the thinking behind -

Out of the comment ICANN Board has submitted on each of the #12 recommendations, I wonder perhaps different suggestions from the Board, expressed in the public comment have different weight.

Board's response to my question would be helpful in considering further on how we handle a case which meets the both conditions below (if there is any which are applicable).

  - A suggestion(s) from the ICANN Board, which is perceived as "fundamental changes" from the CCWG 3rd version of the proposal, which could change the current CCWG timelines; AND
  - A suggstion(s) from the ICANN Board, which ICANN Board strongly believe must be reflected in the final CCWG proposal

If this will need further discussions in the Board, I understand and will note that as status, which would still be helpful.

Thanks,
Izumi