[CCWG-ACCT] FW: FY16 Appropriations Act Extends IANA Transition Freeze without DOTCOM Act

Avri Doria avri at acm.org
Thu Dec 17 21:36:49 UTC 2015

On 17-Dec-15 14:43, Greg Shatan wrote:
> IANA found its mother and 18 years later (ironically), it's ready to
> fly on its own.

Has this been clearly established?

The mess we, with the board's assistance, are starting to make of this
makes me wonder whether it is really ready to fly on its own.  We are so
consumed by our various fears and prejudices we are putting on quite a
display of nearsightedness,  short tempers, nastiness and ineptitude.

And in any case we are not talking about setting IANA free, but rather
of keeping it bound in service to ICANN.

avri

---