[CCWG-ACCT] Does the proposed change to the GAC Bylaw create a new "mandatory voting requirement" for the ICANN Board?

Alan Greenberg alan.greenberg at mcgill.ca
Sat Dec 19 20:35:13 UTC 2015

Keith, I wasn't trying to compare the two
processes at any level. I was simply pointing out
that the concept of board "approval" at a lower
threshold than 50% is not a new concept. Whether
it is appropriate in the case of GAC advice and
whether it should depend on how that advice was
determined, was not the focus of my comment. The
ALAC has carefully avoided comment on that issue and I am honouring that.

Alan

]