[CCWG-ACCT] Does the proposed change to the GAC Bylaw create a new "mandatory voting requirement" for the ICANN Board?

Alan Greenberg alan.greenberg at mcgill.ca
Sat Dec 19 20:41:32 UTC 2015

I will try again. What I am saying is just a mathematical truth.

I a Bylaw says that to REJECT something (whether it is GAC Advice or
a GNSO PDP Recommendation or where to go have dinner) at least 2/3 of
the Board must reject. That is, 1/3 or less of the Board opt to
accept. If the Board does NOT reject, then it means that less that
2/3 voted to reject. That is mathematically identical to greater than
1/3 accepts, sine the total must be 1.

Alan