[CCWG-ACCT] Fw: [ccwg-internet-governance] ICANN BLOG ON WSIS+10 UNGA MEETING

Nigel Roberts nigel at channelisles.net
Mon Dec 21 08:08:18 UTC 2015

Actually, I mean the guanxi of setting up Netmundial Redux in China
which I think is very dangerous to the whole multistakeholder concept we
have all been working for these last almost 20 years. This is serious stuff.

I am going to assume that ICANN can afford the best cultural briefings
available, therefore I assume that this is all done (a) intentionally
and (b) with the active acquiescence of the Board.

I like the guy personally. All questions of waffling aside, he's very
personable.

But if he worked for me, he would suddenly find his planned exit moved
forward VERY considerably after this . .

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2015/12/18/ex_icann_ceo_will_work_with_china/