[CCWG-ACCT] Our timetable -- some personal observations

Izumi Okutani izumi at nic.ad.jp
Tue Dec 22 01:36:02 UTC 2015

FYI, I would like to share this statement from the CRISP Team regarding the CCWG timetable.
Please note that this is separate from a comment as the ASO.

----
Dear CCWG,

The CRISP Team would like to express our comment on the discussions on the CCWG regarding the timelines, in incorporating comment from the ICANN Board:

http://mm.icann.org/pipermail/accountability-cross-community/2015-December/008860.html

As it has been well stated by some CCWG members, the CCWG timeline does not only affect the names community but has wider implications to the IANA Stewardship transition process and its timelines.

The CRISP Team would like to emphasise our strong concerns on extension of the CCWG timeline if it will compromise the NTIA timelines on the IANA stewardship transition.

We support the feedback of the ASO discussions, shared on the CCWG list, as a helpful way forward : http://mm.icann.org/pipermail/accountability-cross-community/2015-December/008924.html

We thank the CCWG in considering the timelines with acknowledgement of the needs of the other operational communities.

We observe tremendous efforts have been made by the CCWG in addressing the challenges which arise through the process and finding a way forward, without affecting the transition timelines.
Now that is is very close to the end of the process in finalising its proposal, we trust the CCWG complete its work, maintaining to keep in line with the overall transition timelines.

Best Regards,

Izumi Okutani
on behalf of the CRISP Team
----