[CCWG-ACCT] Third Draft Proposal

Greg Shatan gregshatanipc at gmail.com
Tue Dec 22 04:29:58 UTC 2015

Every once in a while, I agree with Milton Mueller.  This is one of those
times.

I'm not sure how anyone can comment on and revise a draft document without
being (constructively) critical.  It's also important to be transparent
about the process, even if the transparency exposes some of the
shortcomings of the process or the result (as a matter of fact, that is
when transparency is most important).

I'm not sure why anyone would see any negative intent in counsels' email.
This email list is a workspace, after all, and this is what work looks
like.

Frankly, I'd be a lot more concerned if counsel did not reiterate important
comments that were not incorporated in a prior draft.  Good counsel tells
you what you need to hear, not what you want to hear.

I think Rosemary and Holly did everything right in this instance.  I think
the changes suggested were sensible, appropriate and consistent with my
understanding of what we intended to say (i.e., our policy approach).  I
was disappointed to see that some of these sensible (and as Milton said,
important) changes were not made the first time around, and I join Milton
in hoping they are incorporated this time.

Greg Shatan