[CCWG-ACCT] Work plan in January/Meeting schedule

Jordan Carter jordan at internetnz.net.nz
Fri Dec 25 08:38:41 UTC 2015

hi Eberhard,

So: to cut through -- would you prefer a face to face gathering of the CCWG
rather than a set of calls over the few weeks of January?

Or would you propose some other approach?

If we all propose a different approach where we hear one we don't like,
we'll all have more ideas on the table to decide between.

Merry Christmas...

Jordan

On 25 December 2015 at 08:35, Dr Eberhard W Lisse <el at lisse.na> wrote:

> And I totally disagree.
>
> Though, Jordan could be right if any of this was necessary and not
> needlessly forced on us by the Co-Chair(s) to get SOMETHING done no matter
> the outcome.
>
> "Some intensity" doesn't do this farce justice, by the way, but if we
> really needed to do this then a weekend F2F with sufficient notice would be
> able to achieve more with less disruption.
>
> But then again, that would be inclusive/participatory and we can't have
> something like that derail the agenda, now can we?
>
> Or even having the plenum make decisions... The fewer the better, and
> especially not substantiative, "sensing the mood of the group" of course
> only about issues that fit into the plan.
>
> If the idea really was to talk to each other we should talk to each other.
>
> el
>

> --
> Sent from Dr Lisse's iPad mini
>
> On 25 Dec 2015, at 09:44, Izumi Okutani <izumi at nic.ad.jp> wrote:
>
> > I completely agree with Jordan.
> >
> > Given we have something to deliver, I expected to give more time than
> usual for CCWG in January.
> > I see the additional calls suggested as a pragmatic way to help us make
> good progress.
> >

> > Izumi
> >
> >> On 2015/12/25 14:51, Jordan Carter wrote:
> >> Thanks Brenda
> >>
> >> All, while I understand that there is some intensity here, it is less
> of a
> >> time commitment than travelling to and participating in a two day face
> >> face meeting. I much prefer the calls to another such in-person
> gathering.
> >>
> >> It should become clear in the early calls what the mood of the group is
> in
> >> respect of further changes to the proposal in response to the comments
> from
> >> SOs/ACs and the public. The fewer changes, I guess, the less time....?
> >>
> >> Regardless, we do have to take the time to come to as much consensus as
> we
> >> can within the group about finalising the report. It won't happen
> without
> >> us spending time talking with eachother!
> >>
> >> Cheers
> >> Jordan

Jordan Carter

Chief Executive
*InternetNZ*

+64-4-495-2118 (office) | +64-21-442-649 (mob)
Email: jordan at internetnz.net.nz
Skype: jordancarter
Web: www.internetnz.nz

*A better world through a better Internet *