[CCWG-ACCT] Fwd: FW: ICANN Board Comments on Third CCWG-Accountability Draft Proposal on Work Stream 1 Recommendations

Avri Doria avri at acm.org
Sat Dec 26 18:30:25 UTC 2015

Never said it was limited to human rights.  Said it needed to be rooted
in human rights.
And yes, it is interpreted by the diversity of stakeholders, in ICANN's
case, in the context of their concerns and within ICANN's global mission.

National PI is something that is brought in within the GAC and will be
part of their consensus advice.
If we ignore GPI in the wider sense, as so many seem to wish to do, we
end up in a situation where the only people talking about public
interest are the members states of the GAC from their national
perspectives.  That would not seem optimum to me

avri