[CCWG-ACCT] ICANN Board Comments on Third CCWG-Accountability Draft Proposal on Work Stream 1 Recommendations

Mueller, Milton L milton at gatech.edu
Sun Dec 27 03:02:55 UTC 2015

Avri,
That was the point of my original message. The board claims to speak for the global public and to be able to divine its interest; we (CCWG) claim also to speak for the global public and to be able to divine its interest.

This conflict will NOT be resolved by defining GPI. It is the _application_ of some conception of GPI to any particular issue that will be contentious. So let's accept the fact that we will be debating applications, not definitions. And the applications will be shaped by how the parties are affected.