[CCWG-ACCT] Fwd: [CCWG-Advisors] question regarding Global Public Interest

Eric Brunner-Williams ebw at abenaki.wabanaki.net
Sun Dec 27 19:35:38 UTC 2015

Co-chairs, and Colleagues,

First, in my opinion, the question of whether a global public interest
could exist admits a non-negative answer.

Second, California requires of its applicant corporations for public
benefit status that an interest which it determines is a public interest
be pursued by the applicant.

So, minimally, the Board's observation that one or more Recommendations
from this group be reviewed for consistency with the public interest as
represented to the state of California by the Corporation is contained
within its use of "global public interest", and as I observed in my
first remark, the statement of public interest offered to the state of
California may not exhaust the standard of review.

Eric Brunner-Williams
Eugene, Oregon