[CCWG-ACCT] What Are the Criteria for Process-Oriented Decision-Making in the CCWG

Paul Rosenzweig paul.rosenzweig at redbranchconsulting.com
Mon Dec 28 14:13:40 UTC 2015

Dear Co-Chairs

I wonder if you can enlighten me.  I have read the Charter of CCWG-A quite
carefully, and it is silent on most matters of pure process, presumably
giving the co-chairs significant discretion regarding things like the timing
of meetings and phone calls, etc.

Perhaps you could share with me, and the group, the metric you use for
establishing the suitability of a proposed way forward?  I ask only because
there has been significant (at least in volume and depth of feeling)
objection to the proposed 8 calls @ 3 hours/call for the month of January.
Some of have suggested a FTF meeting instead; others have suggested a
development of process options approach.  Others (me included) have
suggested that so rushed a process is exclusionary and calls into question
the substantive output that may result.

So that I might better understand how you make decision, I was hoping you
could tell me (us?) all:  How do the co-chairs account for these objections
and determine a way forward?  What is your process and what are the
evaluation criteria you are using?

Thanks much,

Paul

Paul Rosenzweig