[CCWG-ACCT] Work plan in January

Chartier, Mike S mike.s.chartier at intel.com
Tue Dec 29 20:50:14 UTC 2015

Alan,
               Can you point out where the Charter gives voting rights to members? The relevant text below seems to say just the opposite.
In developing its Proposal(s), work plan and any other reports, the CCWG-Accountability shall seek to act by consensus. Consensus calls should always make best efforts to involve all members (the CCWG-Accountability or sub-working group). The Chair(s) shall be responsible for designating each position as having one of the following designations:
a)     Full Consensus - a position where no minority disagrees; identified by an absence of objection
b)     Consensus – a position where a small minority disagrees, but most agree
In the absence of Full Consensus, the Chair(s) should allow for the submission of minority viewpoint(s) and these, along with the consensus view, shall be included in the report.
In a rare case, the chair(s) may decide that the use of a poll is reasonable to assess the level of support for a recommendation. However, care should be taken in using polls that they do not become votes, as there are often disagreements about the meanings of the poll questions or of the poll results.

Thanks,
Mike