[CCWG-ACCT] Work plan in January

Nigel Roberts nigel at channelisles.net
Wed Dec 30 09:52:07 UTC 2015

As a member of the selecting body for one of these positions I am
concerned by this statement. What do you mean by Group Leader, please?

I thought we were selecting Chairs who will manage the administrative
side of consensus process. Instead, I regularly get the perception, both
from some of the 'leadership' and from some of the 'led' that this is
seen to be a CEO type role.

I don't think it is.

I hate to say this, but I worked for 6 years in a WG on one of the
potentially most contentious subject -- the delegation, redelegation and
interpretation of policy regarding ccTLDs.

The chairman, and vice chair and staff support people worked in a way
that the sum of our efforts was vastly greater than the individual
contributions, and never (except by occasional subtle encouragement) put
forward their personal agendas.

I would have preferred to see that approach in this WG and regret that
it has not lived up to that fine example, so far.