[CCWG-ACCT] Contingencies and Board Risk Committee

Mathieu Weill mathieu.weill at afnic.fr
Tue Jan 27 08:32:20 UTC 2015

Dear Colleagues,

In anticipation of our call, I want to share two items of relevance for
the contingency discussion.

1) Questions for "repurposed" WA4

In Frankfurt we agreed to further investigate on the contingency list by
providing answers to several questions on each contingency. There was
discussion about the phrasing of the questions. Below is a proposal
attempting to merge the Charter deliverable questions with our discussion :

  * How relevant is the threat to the transition of the IANA stewardship
    ? ie how does the transition affect the likelihood of the threat, or
    the severeness of the consequences ?
  * Are there existing remedies in place ? Are these remedies robust ?
  * Could addressing the contingency be achieved through amending
    existing accountability mechanisms or is creating new ones necessary ?

2) Input from the Board Risk Committee

You may remember we had requested communication from the Board Risk
Committee regarding the list of contingencies that they consider in the
course of their mission, which includes overseeing Icann's risk
management framework.

Thanks to Bruce Tonkin, our Board Liaison, as well as the members of
this Committee, we have now received communication of this list. I have
attached the document.

Our group should now be able to check whether the list contains
contingencies we should add.

Looking forward to discussing this on our upcoming call.

Best regards,
Mathieu Weill

--
Mathieu WEILL